Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Slide Mount - ATC

Hi all.
I'm M. Carmen, from Spain, and this is my first contribution to this fabulous blog.
Hope you like what I do.
You're invited to visit me at "Hecho a mano"

I recently bought the book "Artists' Journals and Sketchbooks", by Lynne Perrella and among so much techniques and interesting projects, she shows how to alter a slide mount in very different ways.
I incorporated mine on an ATC and I'd like to show you how I did it.
Materials:
An old slide mount, including the film
Tissue paper or napkin
Mod podge or similar
Acrylic paints
A film sized image
Mulberry paper
Tim Holtz’s word keys or any other embellishment.
A Background stamp
Embossing powders and versamark

Take the film off the slide frame
Glue the frame with a mixture of Mod Podge and gold paint.


Put a layer of a napkin over it and continue glueing and painting over. Let it dry.




Glue the image over the film strip, letting the holes uncovered.


Stamp the background over a black cardstock and emboss it with clear powders.

Using the embossing resist technique, paint over the whole card with gold acrylic paint. Before it dries, rub smoothly over it with a damp piece of paper or cloth, so the image reveals the black background.

Mount the film strip over the slide frame
Tear a piece of mulberry paper and glue it to the cardstock.

Mount the slide over the mulberry paper and embellish it with a Tim Holtz's word key


That's it! What do you think? Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment