Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rustic (Scruffy) Flower

I needed a rustic unfussy looking flower for this card I was making, had a play and came up with this rustic looking flower.

I punched out 3 circles - 1 x 1.5" in blue, 1 3/4" in gingham and a 3/4" in blue

Distress the edges of the circles with a distressing tool and a nail file. Don't be afraid to crumple/crease the discs, crumpled and bashed is GOOD! Edge the discs with a matching ink and add a few more bends and creases for good measure. Assemble with a brad - the one I've used is from the QVC Cosmo Cricket TSV and was perfect for the look I wanted.

A really quick and easy embellishment that matches perfectly with whatever colours/papers you are using on your project (apologies for the blurred picture).

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment